FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
November 6, 2023
Contact: Stacey Sikes, Vice President of Government Affairs and Communications
Long Island Association Elects New Members to Board of Directors
The Long Island Association (LIA) elected seven new members to its Board of Directors at the recent October meeting. These Board members come from a broad range of industries that drive Long Island's economy. Five individuals represent existing Board companies, and the LIA welcomed two new members.
The new members of the LIA Board of Directors include:
- Robert Free, Acting President, MTA LIRR
- JoAnne Hewett, Director, Brookhaven National Laboratory
- Stu Lubow, President & CEO, Dime Community Bank
- Robert Milas, Senior Vice President, Long Island Market Executive, Citizens Bank
- Andrew Rainone, Senior Vice President, Business Sales, Altice (note: new Board member)
- Kim Stone, President, UBS Arena (note: new Board member)
- Morgan Taylor, Vice President of Business Operations, BSE Global
“The continued growth and diversification of our Board of Directors stands as a testament to the LIA's commitment to excellence and progress. With each addition, we solidify our promise to offer unparalleled opportunities for business collaboration and networking for our valued members," said Lawrence Waldman, Chairman of the Long Island Association.
"The LIA is proud to welcome this talented group of new members to our Board of Directors who bring a wealth of experience and innovation. Their demonstrated leadership in their respective fields aligns with our mission to ensure Long Island's economic vitality. With these new Directors, the LIA is not just growing in numbers but in collective knowledge and vision for the future,” said Matt Cohen, President & CEO of the Long Island Association.
For pictures of the new Board members, click here.
About the Long Island Association
The Long Island Association (LIA) is the region’s leading non-profit and non-partisan business organization since 1926 and amplifies the voice of the business community. The LIA works to ensure the region’s economic vitality - Long Island’s future is our business.